Welcome to ABEN
Please note: You will need to create a login and password the first time you purchase from your association's ABEN catalog. Your association login and password will not work in this catalog. Thanks!
National Health Care Reform - Part 1
Length: 2 hours
The presidential election is over. Some voters are happy and some are not. It always happens that way. Whatever your feelings regarding the election you -- a business owners -- will no doubt be curious (and perhaps concerned) regarding the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). The election confirms that this law WILL be implemented as it currently stands. No doubt numerous questions loom for the business owners and decision makers.
Questions that deal specifically with the ACA may be:
1) How will the ACA affect me, my family and my business?
2) What will a health insurance plan look like in 2014? What will it cover and for what policy limits?
3) Are there taxes, fees and penalties that may impact me and my business?
4) As a business owner do I have to provide health insurance for my employees? What might happen to me and my business if I provide a plan now, but stop doing so in 2014?
5) Is it possible to have a penalty even if I provide health insurance to my employees. How so?
6) I have heard that the income I pay employees might impact potential penalties that could be levied on me in 2014. How so?
7) I am looking at growing, expanding or maybe even acquiring another entity. Does the ACA need to be factored into my future decisions regarding growth?
8) I have heard some businesses are looking at changing some full-time employees to "part-time" status due to the ACA potential impact. Why would they do that and should I consider such an action?
9) I have heard a lot of conversation about the "Exchange". What is it and how might it affect me?
10) I currently provide a Consumer Driven Health Plan (Flex Spending Account - FSA, Health Saving Account - HSA, or Health Reimbursement Arrangement - HRA). Does the ACA impact these plans?
These and numerous other questions will be addressed during this ABEN webcast presentation, National Health Care Reform.
Part 2 is also available in your state's ABEN catalog!
State Specific Details:
FL - This session has been approved by the DFS for two (2) hours of continuing education credits (intermediate), Agents: CE #84001, CE 2-40 Health
SC - This course is approved in SC - Course#129042
OH - This course is approved in OH - Course # 38524
NC - This course is approved in NC - Course # C11660
WI - This course is approved in WI - Course#68454
MS - This course is approved in MS
TN - This course is approved in TN
NJ - This course is approved in NJ - Course# 88893922
MD - This course is approved in MD - Course # C12311
UT - This course is approved in UT - Course # 29362
KY - This course is approved in KY - Course # C12182
- Jerry Rhinehart, CIC, CLU, ChFC, RHU
- National Health Care Reform-Parts One and Two-marketing
- PROGRAM UPDATES AS OF AUGUST 2013!
- PLEASE OPEN-IMPORTANT CE INFO AND STATE REQUIRED FORMS